Thursday 25 December 2014

Muay Thai fight experience!

... Now I am sitting on the chaire, ready for fight,watching the bout before mine.
Right next to me is standing my GMMA coach,who is pointing at few techniques delivered by one of the fighters that we planned in our preparation.
Last few words from Sir Dave.
And the time has come.
They introducing my name in to the red corner and as in the Thai tradition I am stepping in to the ring over the ropes (never bend down).
Referees equipment check,brief explanation of rules and touch gloves with my opponent.
We walked back to our corners,traditional music sounded and we walked around the ring to present our Waikru  (Traditional dance to show appreciation to our coach. In the old days also showing the respect to the king and audience ).
We both did it very simple (just walked around touching the ropes and punching each corner.
My Thai coach did the prayers again and took the Mongkol off my head.
The bell rings,fight has begun.
I have stepped to the center of the ring touched gloves with my opponent and we started exchanges straight away.
As I have mentioned before I knew my legs are stronger than his so I have straight away charged his legs with some powerful low kicks.
He was trying to use his height  with I have anticipated.
I wasn't sure about his clinching and close distance fighting skills so I tried to  stay in the middle range.
Close enough for me to get in and far enough to move away.
My low kicks have worked, I have been continuously chopping his legs of.
Breaking his base and his confidence.
However the guy was mentally and physically very strong. Stronger than I thought he would be.
We have fought tough fight right to the end, right to the end trying to finish before the time.
We went all the distance, five - three minutes rounds.
Unanimous decision of judges was in my favour.
I was over the top.
Seeing a big smiles on the faces of my team mates from GMMA Academy  and Singpatong Gym.
Mainly seeing massive grin on Sir's Dave face,who I could tell he was experiencing it as it was his own fight or even more.
Seeing pride and fulfillnes in Sir's expression has made me feel completed.
We are all working on developing ourselves, our students and International GMMA Academy.
www.GMMA.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment