Tuesday 9 December 2014

First day of training in Malaysia.

Today is Tuesday 9/12/2014.
We have started second day of training at GMMA Academy / Malaysian arm of GMMA concept.
I have to honestly say that it is general much harder that I have thought it would be. I thought I am training extremely hard in UK and nothing can break me.
Yesterday when we started we did still feel a bit of jet lag, weather and intensity of training  wasn't helping it at all.
We started of 8km fast run,followed by the sprints,intense shadow boxing mixed up with some legs exercises.
Then we moved on to skipping rope 3min rounds and finished off with a 5 x 1min sprints on the rope.
If you told me that schedule when I was back in London,I would say bring it on (and lets do this or that after).
But it feels 50 times harder for boys from Europe in the Asian heat.
After morning session we had light breakfast, shower,walk about around the local narkets;lunch and bit of fun at the bowling.
Then there was a time for second session 6 30pm -10pm.
Thinking that outside was hot?!
Inside was even worst.
We have been warned that we will feel like training in the sauna conditions but I think we all kind of ignored it.
We begun with good stretching and moved straight into shadow, skipping  (in very high pace),and conditioning and speed groundwork.
That have killed all of us enough:-)
We understood by now what training in the sauna conditions meant.
Coaches gave us little break to recover.
We did some short stretching and pad work session for about twenty kids who are training in that gym and came to watch us performing.
Next step was few rounds of bag work mixed up with Thai pads then we moved to a sparring.
All that has took a lot of energy of us we have sweat buckets.
It was great test for our bodies and our will power.
I wouldn't say we have failed it but because of our own opinions about our abilities I believe we all did not feel like we have pushed hard enough.
"Do or die", that's  the favourite saying of our Coaches.
We died once,raised up and kept on saving a bit so we wouldn't die second.
When we should die again.
That's  the only way.
So tonight, at the second session I am hoping to die few times.
It will take me where I wanna be.

1 comment:

  1. I thought it would be like that, that's why I sent you guys that song about being a "simple man" you guys got to really pace yourselves and get adjusted, don't go to hard to early

    ReplyDelete