Friday 26 December 2014

Last days of training in Thailand.

As we have came back late after fight night, after 2am also wasn't sure how my legs going to feel like due to kicking and blocking.
I have skipped morning 10k run and joined the session an hour later.
Quick warm up with shadow, series of knees on the bag,then moved on to my favourite punch bag made of three tyres.
Worked out on my punches a lot with fresh idea of what I was lacking of in the fight.
We did few more work outs and finished off with a ground work (press ups, sit ups,...).
As my legs surprisingly weren't to bad (when it comes to walking and running ).
Second session I have started with everyone of 7k run,including the hill run.
Instead of pad work I worked intensively on the bags.
Punches,knees and elbows. (No kicking )
Then I have asked one of the guys for boxing sparring which he agreed for.
We did few minutes of good exchanges, then we moved on in to the ring where we happened to be the partners in clinching sparring.
After the training we had good by dinner with few of the fighters from Singpatong Gym.
And went to night market for some fruits and shakes.
Came home packed bags and prepare everything to be ready to go straight after morning session.
I have run my last 10k in Patong for this year.
For the last time I run up the "killer hill" and as since the second day, never stopped even once.
What many can tell, is an achievement.
My body did feel more fatigued than yesterday.
I suppose due to lack of rest and sleep after the fight.
But still one of the coaches decided to give me one more,boxing pad work session which we have pushed hard.
That was best happy end of my training camp in Thailand 2014, I could wish for.
We have took quick shower before the training finished and came back to the gym,say thank you  and goodbye to all of the coaches and fighters present in the gym.
Singpatong Gym, it was great place to be and great place to learn.
Me as well as the rest of my team, surely going to remember our experience from training and sparring provided over almost past three weeks.
Looking forward to come back sometimes next year if possible.
www.GMMA.co.uk 

No comments:

Post a Comment