Thursday 25 December 2014

Muay Thai fight experience (arrival ).

23rd of December 2014, 7pm.
Meeting with Singpatong Gym coaches and fighters outside the gym.
I have jumped in the car with couple of coaches and few young Thai fighters.
My GMMA Academy crew was following us on the scooters. As well as few more members of the gym.
We arrived at Chalong boxing stadium (around 20km away from our gym) just before 8pm.
When we walked inside the stadium we could smell  Thai oil straight away.
Crew has showed us the way to changing room, where we already met couple of guys wrapping they hands,getting massage with Thai oil and shadow boxing.
Fights started at eight o clock.
Young boys has opened the ceremony.
Fighters from our gym were fight number 2 , 3 and 5.
As my fight was number 8 I sat down with my team and watched the show.
Muay Thai music,waikru (traditional dance before the fight) and amazing performance of young hard working,big hearted warriors.
All that atmosphere was sinking in my head and body.
I felt really  focused as well as inspired by all the situation and surroundings.
Some tall eastern European looking fellow has sat down right next me.
I looked at him and his mates and I've red on one of theirs tshirts name of the club, Rawai Thai boxing.
Then I realised that this is my Russian opponent.
What a funny coincidence.
Obviously I had a proper look at him trying to read his strengths and weaknesses from his physics.
He was much taller than me and he looked like good athlete.
One thing I could clearly compare with him sitting right next to me was our legs.
His were definitely long,then I thought of mine strong conditioned legs as a key weapon to brake his base.
During the third fight one of Singpatong coaches has took me to the changing room,wrapped  my hands and double checked if we got everything.
We have came back after to watch couple more fights.
In the middle of fifth bout couple of young Singpatong team guys has called me to the room again.
Where I have lied down on the big wooden table and had my pre fight massage with Muay Thai oil...
www.GMMA.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment