Friday 22 August 2014

Benefits of sparring.


Thursday morning started very positive.
I had seven hours of good,deep sleep fallowed up by nice hot bath and cold shower.
Last few days of training have been really intense and I could feel that usual quick shower before bed is not enough.
Could feel that my body need some more love.
I woke up pretty fresh.
It is amazing how little you need to be happy.
Two fried eggs and bit of beans for breakfast, that was my pro sparring
recipe.
Me and one of my friends (rivals team fighter and instructor) met up in the ring to exchange our experience and practise our skills.
We know each others styles pretty well already so mentally and physically we know that it is going to be intense.
We also know that even though this is only training  session we still could get damage if we are not careful.
So we treat each other with respect and awareness looking for the gaps and trying to perfect our movements.
This kind of sparring is essential for people who do any kind of martial arts.
That's why we do have separate sessions of GuruMuayThai and Gukwoone called GMMA Fight club,
where we spend time on sparring only.
It makes you understand how it works in real situation.  
Strikes, blocks and movement you've been drilling during your normal session cannot become useful if you do not know your distance and timing.
You learn how to react in certain situations and how to stay focused under pressure.
It makes you know what you are made of, when you get hurt  or get winded and you still need to cope with other attacks. As you go, you look for different options, trying to not become predictable and looking for new opportunities.
Changing your range, mixing up combos, striking at different heights and different angles.
I do always compare it to a real life and try to learn as much as I can.
I do truly believe that becoming better fighter makes me better human, coach, instructor, men, husband, son, brother...
It opens my eyes at many aspects of life.
And gives me good idea of where I am and where I wanna go to achieve my goals.
Because I believe that real fulfil in life can only come with your hard work,patience,constant development and sharing what you got with others.
Just like we do in GMMA Academy.

Krystian Ozog
GMMA instructor, trainer & fighter
-Guru MuayThai  Boxing classes
-Gukwoone Mixed Martial Arts classes
-GMMA Personal Trainer
Tel: 07928093841
www.gmma.com
info@gmma.com

No comments:

Post a Comment