Thursday 29 January 2015

Punches in bunches

Last couple of days I have had a lot of sparring. Boxing,Thai boxing,quite intense sessions. In both occasions my main subject was to fallow up and build up my combinations with as many strikes as possible. As they say "punches in bunches".
Since I've came back from Thailand I have been concentrating on dominating the opponents and worked on counterattack. Now using what I have practised I wanna add some more variations, like changing the angles and moving in and out.
All that will not work if I'll have no continuation.
It doesn't matter how much you can block and how much you can take if you don't make your rival pay for it. I've been practising my Little game for a while which was called "double up". Basically every punch or kick thrown by the other person I have been trying to double or triple up.
It is good way of training.
But if I always counterattack with series of two or three kicks and punches,I will become predictable. Clever opponents will read it and make use of it.
Of course you need to have good fitness level to keep on throwing countless combinations. But if you wanna stay on top of the game this is the way to be.
Be hungry!
Give it all!
Don't save for tomorrow,there is no tomorrow!

photoKrystian Ozog
Instructor/Trainer/FighterGMMA Academy
      

No comments:

Post a Comment