Sunday 11 January 2015

Keeping the weight.

I have said that before and I am going to reapeat it again;
fighting game is much more than just a "kick and punch"!
It helps and opens the door to many other spheres in our lives.
Recently, after our training camp in Thailand, I have been determined to drop the weight.
I have met many good fighters out there,all of them skilled and motivated guys. All of them looking for the best way to take advantage of their abilities to move right to the top.
I have never had much problem (theoretically )with fighting heavier or taller opponents.
I haven't had that problem when I fought in Patong at the end of the camp either.
But weight categories are created for some reasons.
Main reason will be to give equal chances to both fighters.
So far I've been usually  fighting around 75kg.
Apart of very beginning, when I  started off at 84kg. ( In my early twentieth I've been doing bit of bodybuilding :-)
As my height is only 175cm, I  have been fighting most of the time taller guys.
I do generally eat healthy and watch my diet. I feel quite  strong at this weight.
However  many experience fighters and some of my coaches suggested that I should reduce to around 70kg,to give myself more chance of fighting someone with similar height and reach.
Again, I do believe that as a fighter I should be ready for whatever comes. I should adjust my game plan accordingly to my opponents weaknesses and use my strengths. But why not be cleaver and minimise the difference? !
At this same time I feel like reducing  my weight would improve my discipline,mental strength and self confidence.
When I say reduce I mean drop down and remain there instead of going up and down when the fights comes.
With our busy schedule for next few months that would be the healthiest and less stressful way.
Sometimes the more I think about reducing, the more appetite I get.
I am eating clean food and having my meals regularly most of the time.
I do prepare my own food in advance.
But in between I am always craving for some snacks. I do pick the healthy options like: peanuts, fruits or bites of chicken etc. My favourite desert would be oats crackers with peanut butter and banana or apple slices with cup of coffee. I feel like,by explaining to myself that these are all healthy options I do consume them to often and to big amounts.
So next few weeks I am going to concentrate more on my diet,times and portions of my meals mainly.
I'll let you know how I am getting on.
photoKrystian Ozog
Instructor/Trainer/FighterGMMA Academy
      

No comments:

Post a Comment