Monday 1 September 2014

Ice bath

After several days of intensive training and very busy schedule, my body tells me that it needs some more attention.
Out of my experience I have learnt that recovery should be planned as part of the training.
Working hard excessively can make you harm in the long term.
To benefit out of your physical practice your body and brain need right nutrition and rest.
I do occasionally look for some treatments as massage, sauna,hot or cold bath.
As I can feel bit of fatigue on my body and known there is still a lot of work to be done in next few weeks.
I have choosed Ice bath to stimulate my blood to flush all veins. As my muscles feel sore and fragile (my legs kicked and got kicked a lot).Straight after morning session of taekwondo training, I have drove my car to nearest supermarket where I have bought three bags of ice cubes. 
When I got home, took shower first, then filled up the bath with cold water.
Poured all bags of ice into the bath, set up timer for eight minutes and lied down in the freezing bath.
Eight minutes was recommended by one of my good friends, fighter and trainer who has been researching about it a lot and got experience himself.
There is many different opinions about the timing of ice bath. 
I suppose we got to test it ourselves and see what works best for us, just like with nutrition it might varied for everyone.
When I finished, dried myself and put on the tracksuite, to keep warm. 
In few minutes time I could feel the blood pumping through my veins. 
I could feel that my blood delivers all nutrition and oxygen is got to every litlle vein in my body.
I could feel that if there was any kind of congestion due to injuries or tireness is going to be cleared.
I could feel like I should be doing this more often.
It didn't make me feel like a Superman.
But definitelly I am going to benefit out of it.

Krystian Ozog
GMMA instructor, trainer & fighter
-Guru MuayThai  Boxing classes
-Gukwoone Mixed Martial Arts classes
-GMMA Personal Trainer
Tel: 07928093841
www.gmma.com
info@gmma.com


No comments:

Post a Comment