Friday 5 September 2014

Racing with yourself.

Cycle to the gym with my back pack full up of boxing kit.
Once arrived check my weight, put hand wraps on and quickly stretch while waiting for my team mates to get ready too.
Quick briefing from our coaches about today's training and check the clock to set off for run.
Our aim is to go faster than last time and everyone of us quietly wants to be faster than the other too.
Everybody has its own technique.
Some start average to have fast finish, some start fast then just trying to push it to the end.
My system is to stay in front at all times, from beginning right to the end.
We got bunch of really good and fit athletes to keep up with, majority of them younger than me and ambitious fighters.
So the run is always a challenge.
While running in such a fast pace you not actually racing with your team mates.
You are racing with yourself.
After three quarters of distance I can hear one of my colleagues right behind me saying "Krystian! Motivate me!".
Being concentrated on my own self talk and breath.  I have kept quiet,to the point when he actually complaint.
So I shouted at him few times to "keep up", while still trying to increase my own speed towards the end.
My aim was to get better than the last time and there was nothing stopping me to achieve it.
I did really wanted to help friend of mine but at this same time had to accomplish my own mission.
At this same time I got to a conclusion that there is no one going to motivate you better than you can do it yourself.
If you don't defeat with your weaknesses no one will do it for you. 


Krystian Ozog
GMMA instructor, trainer & fighter
-Guru MuayThai  Boxing classes
-Gukwoone Mixed Martial Arts classes
-GMMA Personal Trainer
Tel: 07928093841
www.gmma.com
info@gmma.com

No comments:

Post a Comment