Saturday 14 March 2015

After winter must come spring

8When I first came to UK, I could barely make an conversation in English.
I was able to put few words together,  but had real problem with understanding as I found so many different accents so different to those I have studied back in Poland.
So whatever I was going to do for leaving in here I had to improve my English.
Evening classes, reading books and newspapers, talking with others. All that was my way of development.
There was one thing I have always loved and it helped me a lot in catching up the phrases. It was listening to the music.
Translating the songs, understanding the meanings and remembering whole sentences. I would memorise the lyrics and make use of them. Especially those bits which I would find interesting, motivational or rich in contest.
One ofthe examples that stayed in my head was lyrics from Lauren Hill song "Everything is everything "where she sings that "after winter must come spring".
I would remember these words when things wouldn't work right for me.
As with our form, we cannot be at the peak at all times.
So with other parts of our lives, we cannot have it alway the way we would like to.
There is always ups and downs.
It depends on us how we go through those 'winter days'.
Believe me.
It is much easier when you remember those simple lyrics sang by Lauren Hill.
Be positive, focused,always do your best and you going to enjoy those sunny days in your life.
Just like we do past few day in UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment