Friday 6 November 2015

Confidence and humbleness

I will never forget when in 2002 back in Wroclaw/Poland, I have attended, as a viewer my very first kickboxing show. It has brought a great impact to my life, especially two MuayThai fight fights presented on the day. Both of those bouts were involving young( teenagers ) fighters from outside the country. Experience of those Thaiboxing fights was quite different from all other matches on that show. I found it more interesting, deeper in meaning and more artistic than the other, even the main event fights.
Boys walking in to the ring fully focused and without any spectacular body motions.
Traditional outfit, Wai Kru dance accompanied by traditional MuayThai music. Both boys looking down while meeting in the middle of the ring and hogging each other before the fight starts.
The moment when fight begins you can hear from the distance, powerful kicks and punches slamming on their bodies. Amazing techniques, looking for openings in every possible situation and trying to score from every possible angle. Amazing will power of both young fighters and great respect given to each other before as well as at the end of the fight made all experience very attractive and impressive to me.

Right from very first of Thaiboxing class I have took at GuruMuayThai, I wanted to grow and learn exactly this same way as boys which i have seen on the show.
I wanted to learn the skills and absorb everything that fighting and martial arts practise brings along.
I wanted to build up my confidence but stay humbled and respectful at this same time.
I wanted to become I can possibly be...

Stepping up the level, becoming full time fighter and instructor has made me put my improvement on hold few times. Thinking of where I should be and where I currently am, forgetting about the journey I went through and setting up very high expectations to myself. Watching some of the greatest fighters and criticising my own performance in comparison with theirs.Working out to reduce the weight more than to improve my skills. Being overconfident with some aspects of my abilities.
All this and I suppose few more things has been my setbacks at some point of my experience.

But coming back to my vision right from the beginning of my journey always brings me back on track.
Believing in yourself and fact that you can achieve whatever you choose as long as you stay focused, humble and take every possible step towards your goal.
That is the best you can do for yourself.
Stay passionate, stay focused.
Stay confident, stay humble. 

www.GMMA.co.uk

photo
Krystian Ozog
Fighter/Instructor, GMMA Academy
     

No comments:

Post a Comment