Friday 13 November 2015

Dealing with negative thoughts

Have I done enough work?
Was I working on right aspects and strategies for this particular event?
What if after all this work and sacrifices I will make some silly mistake which will make me loose?
What is my opponent capable of ? What does he know ? Was he working harder than me?

Have I had enough rest? What if I am a bit rusty as I haven't fought for a while?
What if I haven't had enough recovery time since my last bout?
What if my Injury will get worst during the fight and I will loose or match will have to be stopped?

These and so much more crosses my mind before the fights.

Questions, doubts and self talks are inseparable part of our existence which intensity grows up along with the importance of happening that we are overcoming.
I don't think that it matters how old you are or how much experience you've got we are always going have this kind of thoughts in our heads. I think that it is in our nature.
To stop this kind of thoughts we would have to stop our brains which one very wise men Sadhguru has said cannot be done as long as we are alive. He said that our brains cannot stop working just like our hearts cannot stop biting and our livers cannot stop functioning.

The only matter we have some impact on is; the way we deal with overcoming obstacles.
The way we see ourselves in particular situation and what benefits we or others going to get out of it.

I have seen recently some bits of TV reality show "Special Forces - Ultimate Hell Week" and full episode of "Discovery secret of human brain" ( you can watch it on You Tube ), where both resources where showing what makes human being stronger, faster, more responsive and adaptive to a world under pressure.
In both episodes they were showing some extreme training of special forces aspirants which have been trained and examined under extremely difficult and stressful for human beings circumstances.

After all, most of those aspirants ( especially those who succeed ) realise that they are capable of doing things that they would never think of. They realise that all the worries were created in their heads and the only way to fight it back is to conquer their own negative minds.

Watching and hearing  this kind of stories makes me think that what this people find in their extraordinary training, many of us find in every days life, battling with some difficult life situations.
Makes me think that my way of training my brain and getting through the life has always been sport challenges and for a long time it has been my Martial arts and fighting experience.

It doesn't really matter how strong your body is. If your brain gives up you cannot do nothing.

 www.GMMA.co.uk

photo
Krystian Ozog
Fighter/Instructor, GMMA Academy
     

No comments:

Post a Comment