Tuesday 24 November 2015

What we can see is just a top of an iceberg

Being an athlete / fighter and coach is an amazing journey.
I can't imagine better way of learning about human  psychology and abilities of myself and others.
Learning and developing physical skills is an essential part of the improvement for an athlete.
But what I have learnt from my own experience is that what we can see is just a top of an iceberg.
It is obviously unnecessary to have certain skills and abilities to compete amongst other professionals.
But the factors that going to make you float steadily on the huge territory of the ocean are hidden deep under the water.
Factors like persistence, physical and mental stamina, will power and never give up attitude/attitude of a warrior.
These are what you learn along the skills when pushing yourself to the next level in any sports. These are the values that can help you stay alive when the storm or heat hits you. These are the real reason why I have decided to dedicate my life to fighting sports.
It is important to have a vision of where you wanna get to and remember how far you have  already gone.
As sometimes it is only you who know how much you are going through and how many obstacles from the bottom of the ocean you have avoided.
Even when you get caught by some rock sticking out which is going to stop you for a while.
Current of your desire and wind of your faith is going to pull you out and help you to get back on the right track.
Obviously I do understand that if the top of the iceberg is not very attractive, if it hasn't got enough space to rest on for others. No seagull or penguin will find it useful and doesn't matter how much it has hidden underneath, it will not have value to the society.
This is exactly how I see my career as well as most of the professional athletes.
My fight record and titles are only my CV.
I value the most all the experience and what I have been learning along.
Of course I wish to have only defeats on my records. And it would be great if they all have been achieved before the time again the top fighters.
But the truth is that; when crashing with other huge icebergs in the middle of the ocean very few of them will crack after one single hit.
They all have they own story and hidden depth.
As long as I am going right direction with right harmony and respect to others who are floating around they own way. I know that I will get stronger, wiser and bigger.
What is going to create more space to the society to rest on and help them with theirs existence.

photo
Krystian Ozog
Fighter/Instructor, GMMA Academy
     

No comments:

Post a Comment