Thursday 22 October 2015

Running on the treadmill

In general I am a great fan of outdoor running.
I do practise running everyday, sometimes twice a day.
Depends on the stage of preparation for upcoming fights I will vary the distance, intensity and techniques of my runs.
It could be long jog, medium or short distance fast run, twist of jog and sprints on the road, long sprints on the running track, hill or stairs runs.
All those options work well for me, I do love to push myself and shock my body with unexpected hit effect burst. Especially during my morning routine when my brain is still half a sleep and I am moving on the auto pilot.

There is nothing better than early morning run around the local parks with bit of shadowboxing and stretching surrounded by the nature. What makes it even more enjoyable is having a great company, partner and pacemaker, it could be human. My Running Buddy is my lovely dog "Rumba".

However, as I do practise my bag work, strength and conditioning and sparring in the gym daily.
I have been some of the equipment from the gym floor too. Every now and then I do pick some weights or pull myself up on the bar. For a while I have been also creating new challenges on the treadmill.

I was never big enthusiast of that great machine as I believed that it is much more beneficial to run outdoors. And I have always thought that it is a bit of paradox when people drive their cars to the gym to run on the treadmill.
My opinion hasn't really changed, I still prefer and continue my morning run around my area.
But at this same time I found Treadmill quite challenging and demanding tool for the second or third part of my daily routine.

Running on the treadmill you can't really cheat ( I haven't learnt yet :-) .
When you set up the work out, fix the pace, time and distance. Even if your brain and body is asking you to stop, unless you press the red button or you get off the running belt and step on the side rails, you've got to keep up.

This modern/advanced treadmills can be really fun and involving, as long as we use our creativity and allow ourselves for bit of hard time we can really make a use of this great invention.

My basic and favourite warm up of the evening session would be 20 minutes run with 1 km/h speed increase every 2 minutes, starting from 10 km/h. Last 4 minutes of the workout: 18 and 19 km/h is quite good pace to finish of the pyramid and move on to the rest of the training.

www.GMMA.co.uk


  
photo
Krystian Ozog
Fighter/Instructor, GMMA Academy
     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment