Monday 12 October 2015

Am I "There" yet?

As a human beings we have got an incredible gift from mother nature: our complex brains.
Depends on how we are able to use and control this powerful and still undiscovered part of our beings. Our brains/minds can be our best ally or our worst enemy.
We can create an amazing things, learn unusual skills, inspire others and achieve unreachable.
We can also leave our lives unhappy, depressed and saying no to every challenge or opportunity  we meet on our way.
It is us who creates our own reality and make decisions over our future.

Sometimes we decide to take some actions which we believe are going to improve our lives, bring some joy or simply will become useful at some point of our life.
Like sports, martial arts, languages, different types of courses etc...

When we get older we tent to rush things. We are looking for shortcuts, quick effects, and we are less patient with mistakes we make. This can happen for different reasons.
In my case it comes with my age.
I am thirty years old right now.
I dream big and have big plans.
I don't want to wait for those plans to be successful any longer, I don't want to be learning any more. I wanna be "There" and possibly just improve my success.

But then again, just like in my training.
I know exactly that there is still so much more I can learn and I am very keen to do it.
But when I am not able to perform the way I would like to. Doubt and self critic comes through my mind which says that I should already be "There".

The question I have to ask myself at those moments is: where exactly is "There".
What makes me think that it isn't where I am right now?
I am on the right path, doing what I believe in, constantly improving my skills and abilities.
It must be "There".
"There" wasn't my final destination at the first place.

Sometimes we have to step back and look at things from a different angle.
Sometimes we have to step back and look at the way we already made.

It would be nice if we could think same way as when we were children: without any time frame, not limiting ourselves, without any patterns.
I suppose we can't do that as a grow ups, but we can definitely stay positive,  learn and improve.
Be happy with ourselves, our lives.

www.GMMA.co.uk
  

No comments:

Post a Comment