Wednesday 6 May 2015

Love will give you wisdom.

There was a time, when I first started teaching martial arts to children, when I was pretty nervous.
I knew what I was doing. I was quite convinced that I've got a lot to share with them and what I've got to offer can help them improve their lives.
Task was theoretically simple. Just bring to the table my own experience. Exactly  the way I used to do with the groups and individual adults I was already teaching for a while.
I was impressed how easy can children learn and how quick they can achieve things when they love what they are doing.
However there was few factors of helping children that have got me a bit stressed.
First of all;  children have much less patience than adults.
As a foreigner speaking to the bunch of adults and bunch of kids I could clearly  see the difference. Children wouldn't hide if they didn't understand and they wouldn't try to figure out the meanings.
They would simply express themselves while adults would usually carry on the way they think is right, waiting for eventual corrections.
I could also see the way they look at me, especially the youngest ones. I became a role model for many of them in terms of Martial arts.
That was another reason why I could feel under pressure. I knew that what I do and say is been taken deep into their little hearts and they will fallow my footsteps.
Parents watching me taking care of their loved ones and hoping to help them rise their child the best they can.
And finally; GMMA Academy standards. The highest standards brought by my coaches, developed in a lifetime experience of their very intense work as a martial artists,fighters and instructors.
I've got given great credit by my Coaches and at this same time, expectations are great.
All those aspects have gave me a bit of stress as I have always been  trying to perform the best I can or even better.
So many times I've been asking myself how can I improve as a instructor.
There is so much to go with it .
Everyone is different, everyone has got different abilities and needs.
How can I help one person without missing on the other?
This and many more important questions would come through my head.
It took me a while to figure out that: all of those questions have only got one answer: "love".
When you bring love and passion to something that you are good at,you can create amazing things.
We all need love,understanding, patience and right motivation.
So I have learnt that everything goes easier when I just fallow my heart and intuition. When I treat everyone with love and respect, I can't go wrong and they will pay back with this same.
This is a win - win situation where we all improving in positive environment.
www.GMMA.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment