Tuesday 12 May 2015

Composure

Everybody can kick and punch.
But if you wanna become a skillful and successful fighter, there is many more skills you need to develop.
In this post I am going to concentrate on one of them. The one I am currently working on.
It is "composure".
Not that fancy stands and moves you could think of.
Composure in terms of staying alert and ready at all times.
It is kind of back to basics proces.
I am trying to sharpen up my tools, while keeping right position and balance after each strike. That will help me to read the game better and always beeing able to react at various occasions.
It takes a lot of time spend on the footwork,balance, extending the strikes, stepping in and out ( managing the distance ) as well as right twist of the feet and body.
The aim is to become more fluid in all my actions.
There is few bad habits I got to get rid off, to make things work right.
But I am very excited as while I am working on my development I can already see the benefits of it.
I can see that by improving my "composure", many other aspects will get better too.
All that also helps with saving energy during the fight as well as during the practice.
I can see that when I manage to loosen up and sharpen my reaction while executing right turn in and out of each combination. Everything works smoother and clearer.
No unnecessary swinging and throwing hands gets involved.
All that works and looks much better at all.
All needs to be done is practice.
Teach my body and brain to react the way I want it to.
www.GMMA.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment