Wednesday 4 February 2015

I've missed my training!

It happens.
Busy life,busy city,busy roads.
Even though I've  carried with me all day long, my gym bag with equipment and food ready for the training and after.
I was mentally ready for it and would honestly do all my best to get to the gym on time. My coach has promised us some nice sparring session for tonight,one of the last one before next Friday show.
I was really looking forward to it.
On some point I have realised that there is no chance that I am going to make it on time. But  I  still haven't gave up, still tried to get to the gym even if I was going to be late. Nothing worked right.
I was still around half an hour away and training was already 40 minutes in a progress. I would have missed more than half of it. I have no time to waste especially week before the fight. So I have done some quick shopping and went straight home planning my own training while still driving.
What is it I need the most now and what have I been lacking of in my training recently?
I've decided that working on the speed will be what I need right now.
So I have planned some long sprints, skipping,  shadow boxing with dumbells and fast circuit workout.
I am pretty sure that apart of the sparring, boys have been doing very similar routine.
So ambitious plan was in place and I have made myself ready.
Then here we go; other priorities,cold outside,late evening, tiredness, laziness and many other symptoms of human nature, tries to take over initiative.
I've been in this kind of situation many times and I am pretty good at dealing with that.
But then again,doing it and doing it right are two different options which depends on your determination,will power and honesty to yourself.
It is easy to go light on yourself when no one is watching and pushing.
For some strange reason in my case I feel like this is when I really put some good work.
Over the years of training Martial arts, fighting craft but even doing the weights or running I have learnt one thing.
If you don't have enough discipline to train on your own, you are not going to get far.

No comments:

Post a Comment