Wednesday 18 February 2015

It is all in your head

A lot of sports and athletes having some time in a year called "off season".
Time to recover,time to rest.
So do boxers.
At the beginning of boxing season I could feel that I was well above the other boys who took time off.
It took them while to get back in shape.
As I was constantly training Thaiboxing, Taekwondo,running and conditioning.
I always believed that my passion and state of my mind is going to take me well above the tiredness and I will move forward with natural way of ups and downs.
Didn't really learn much from my past experience. For example,  when I have worked nights on the building sites  for almost three years and sacrificing sleep time to get some extra training.
It all developed my mental strength, on some point.
But my performance was going down.
My speed,stamina and drive to push harder would go low .
I begun to feel similar few weeks back.
First few weeks after training camp and fight in Thailand I have felt very energetic and motivated.
I have felt like I wanna fight everyone and everywhere.
I still feel like this but I can tell that my energy level is gone down.
My mind wanna push it to the next level but my body doesn't really follow.
I've been trying to get some extra sleep,change my diet a bit,change my training routine...
Nothing would work as it is not just fatigue from single training.
It is chain of things going on together for a bit longer time.
Tonight's session wasn't easy either.
I have started sharp and went through few rounds of good sparring.
But then again fatigue would catch up.
When we were finishing with some tough groundwork  ( series of bodyweight exercises ) I didn't really feel like I wanna to kill it.
I felt more like I just wanna get it done.
But then in the process my attitude has changed to what I have been always practicing,"never give up attitude ".
I have pushed it harder than I planned it at first.
Which made me feel better, made me feel happy and made me feel that I am moving forward and my time isn't waisted.
We all get tired, we all get down.
But training our mental strength and positive attitude as well as our body can keep us going and get closer to our goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment