Saturday 1 August 2015

Be champion of your own life

It is very relaxing Saturday evening.
After very positive and productive morning then another great afternoon session of GuruMuayThai.
I have sat down plugged to the computer catching up with some of my work.
My wife sat right next to me and searched on the TV something interesting for us to watch.

She has tuned on documentary about controversial career of one of the most popular "sportsman" in the world; Lance Armstrong.
Which has inspired and gave hope to millions of people.
Not only as the greatest of all times road cyclist who managed to win Tour the France race along with his team of course for seven times in a row.
His achievement was even more inspiring, as he has managed to bit the cancer and that was his big come back to the sport, to new life.
However, after many years of leading road cycling races, being an icon of sportsmanship and hard work at any circumstances. After establishing foundation fighting with cancer and supporting the victims of that disease.
He has been accused and proved the later on confessed himself of taking a doping and not being honest for all those years.

Watching this and hearing all the story made me think deeply of his motives.
Obviously he was very ambitious, hard working and very talented road cyclist at the beginning of his career. But the nature of the sport he has chose has pretty quick made him understand that as a human being you cannot be at your peak at all times.
His young and sick ambition wouldn't agree with that. Especially after winning with deadly disease of a testicular cancer ( quite often diagnosed among the cyclists ).
World wide publicity, sponsors, money involved and probably many more his own reasons would make him cheat this way.

After all, he has got stripped of all the titles and become a "Champion" of a cheat.

He couldn't cope with thoughts that you can be great, while still having ups and downs.
In life, you cannot go up on your graph at all times. It is not natural.
There will always be ups and downs. There will always be someone training harder and wanting it more. But that is the beauty of sportsmanship. That does always motivates me to work harder, better, smarter. And as long as I listen to my body and stay consistent with my training, I know that I will achieve what I aim for, I will get the best I can possibly be.

I will "become a champion of my own life".
( These words I have red on the banner outside the Master Sken gym in Stockport at the training camp few years back ).

www.GMMA.co.uk



photo
Krystian Ozog
Fighter/Instructor, GMMA Academy
     

No comments:

Post a Comment