Thursday 13 August 2015

Resistance bands workout

I have met this morning in West London with one of my team Mate and fellow Fighter from GMMA Academy, Roman.
Roman has agreed to help me on regular bases in preparation for my next kickboxing fight which is going to happened in just over month.
He knows the craft very well, and helps me to push harder and smarter.
Roman and myself being seen over by Sir ( our coach ) who adjusts the training to increase and develop what he knows ( out of his great experience and observation ) is best for me in upcoming event.

This morning Sir has watched me hitting the pads and came up with question if I got elastic bands with me by any chance.
Funny enough.
I always got some in my training bag.
Simple rubber bands with different resistance levels, usually used for yoga.
I do carry them along with skipping rope as they are great tools which don't require much room or any special, additional equipment to be used with.

We have used three bands all together.
Two tied up to the bench feet and my legs each end, one wrapped around my palms both ends, running behind my back.
Roman would hold the pads for me, standing right in front in a distance which would require me to extend each kick and turn my hips right.
Also, I would stand away from the bench to make sure that the bands are pulling me back, giving me resistance.
I would execute kicks on the pads the quickest I can
, then make sure I control my legs on the way back and return to this same position with proper stands, ready for whatever comes next. Holding the third band I would throw some hands techniques in between.

There is so much more you can do with this simple tools.
You can tie it up to your belt and some post to pull you back while doing the pad work.
You could use one tied up to each leg both ends and practice your kicks.

It builds up the speed, teaches you to control your techniques and takes a lot of energy out of your muscles when used properly.
It can be used for stretching and building up strength and muscles too.
Everything depends on your imagination.
Always look for better way, always enjoy it and you will not realize when improvement comes.

photo
Krystian Ozog
Fighter/Instructor, GMMA Academy
     

  
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment