Wednesday 29 July 2015

Concentration

We live fast these days.
Constantly surrounded with some forms of distractions.
Constantly trying to improve our "multitasking skills ".
Always having something on our mind: memories,fears, hopes,fantasies and plans.
Listening to the radio while driving, fallowing the navigation, observing the road.
Listening to the music player while on the public transport, in between City noise, flashing lights/adverts, mobile phone notifications, another provoking article on the newspaper held by a person in front of you.  

We don't need to watch talent shows to witness another attempt to set up new "Guinness world record" on how many tasks can be achieved by one person in one day, hour or even a minute.
All we need to do is watch carefully how time can be utilised by some of the modern mum's/business and sports women, all in one.
I met few of them and I have to say that; I am amazed and inspired by those Ladies.

I do try to get most out of my day myself.
And truly speaking I believe that with the right planning, timing, reducing the time wasters, I could still get done much more.

But then when it comes to concentration. How do we cope with focusing on the task when there is so much going around us as well as in our heads?

I do believe that you can only achieve your maximum if you can fully concentrate  on "right here,right now".

This is what martial arts, teaching and fighting helps me to work on.

I could do some cardio punch bag workout, which will make me loose couple of kilos and make my arms and legs sore, swinging my limbs with power, speed but without a sense.
I can also fully concentrate and do all above while drilling and improving my techniques. 
I could spend few round with my sparring partner keeping up the tempo, or even feeding my ego by dominating him. Or I could focus and use this opportunity to work on my weakness and to try to learn something new.
I call it "active meditation", not sure if such a thing exist.

But then actual meditation is another method of improving my concentration, which has also been brought to my life by practise of martial arts.

I am still far away from flights controllers of a Heathrow airport, but definitely getting better and better, day by day.


photo
Krystian Ozog
Fighter/Instructor, GMMA Academy
     



No comments:

Post a Comment