Wednesday 22 April 2015

Copycatting skills of children

While enjoying beautiful English spring I have recently been increasing outdoor training of my own, as well as with my students. It would be a criminal not to use this warm and sunny days.
At the beginning of this week, at one of the West London parks I was training one of my regular students, a five years old boy. His mum and little sister, two years old were enjoying the weather watching us from time to time.
Little girl was as most of the little children would be really interested in all surroundings,flowers,trees, dogs passing by. But every time her brother had a break for a drink she would come to me,bow the way we do at Gukwoone and kick the pads with big smile on her face.
We spent some time on developing back kick of my young student and added it up to nice short combination at the end.
When we finally finished the training little girl had run back to me again and begun kicking the pads the best she could.
I gave her short instructions and taught her how to punch too.
Over sudden she has turned around and performed back kick which has briefly seen us practicing with her brother.
We were all amazed.
After all we went to playground in the park to let children have some fun.
Girl has continued fallowing the footstepsof her older brother.
She would fearlessly repeat every action taken by him.
One thing I know for sure and there is no doubt about it,is that children have great ability of copycatting others.
There is no boundaries in their abilities as they not over thinking it. They have no doubt, all they wanna do is accomplish their mission.
That's why as a teachers,parents,older siblings,any other kind of mentors or role models, we have very responsible task. We have to choose wisely what kind of people we are, what kind of attitude we have and what do we say to our upper coming hero's.
Words are not enough to inspire them and make them become confident and successful.
They need to see great perspective in our actions.
Will I teach my students how to perform correct back kick without showing them example?
Will I teach them respect while laughing at their problems and difficulties?
Will I teach them how to improve if I am staying still satisfied with what I've got ?
Whatever is your role; teacher, parent,brother,sister.
Remember that kids simply observing and copycatting.
Don't matter how much you explain, they will most likely fallow your actions rather than words.
www.GMMA.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment