Friday 6 June 2014

What's my reward?

How do I measure my success?
How do I see my progress?
What's the biggest reward for me as a GMMA fighter, instructor and student?
As a fighter:
Some people say "you are as good as your last performance"(fight, match, race, etc...).
I see It differently.
You are a good fighter as long as you learn and and you are able to progress.
(Thomas Edison has failed numbers of times before he created an actual bulb.)
As long as my coaches and my training partners believe in me and tell me that I am doing well I am happy and feel rewarded as a fighter.
As a instructor:
The biggest payment comes with positive feedback from my students.
When they come back for next training, when they bring along friends and family.
When they say that they feel inspired. When they claim that our training helps them  at school, at work, in everyday situations.
Keeps them focused, more confident, more energised.
When grownups say that they enjoyed training and they can't wait for the next one.
When kids rush in to the class full of excitement and they parents telling me that all they've been talking about is training.
As a student:
Similar to the fighter role, my biggest reward is recognition by my coaches and my GuruMuayThai and Gukwoone colleagues.
In both cases as a fighter and student I can see progress by myself .I can only achieve full feeling when I know that I've done all my best, that I've put everything I've got in the training and performance.
All that has to be achieved with some kind of balance between private and professional life.
The biggest reward to me is when I am able to help others while I am progressing myself.
That's what makes me happy and gives me drive to continue and get better and better at what i am doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment