Thursday 7 July 2016

Chinese bamboo tree

Looking for new and better ways to improve my skills and my life in general. I've been searching for tips and inspiration everywhere I go, everyday single day.
There is few simple and commonly accessible, for most of us, sources that I use daily to nourish my drive and development. Beside physical and mental training I do try to make daily use of great tools like books, magazines and Internet.
I do not spend much time watching the telly. But I do get all stuff I want to see and hear on You Tube which I do listen to instead of radio while travelling.

As I have mentioned in the past few posts; I do find my inspiration not only in sports related stories. But also in music performed by certain artists. I do get really positive feelings over life changing Talent shows like: X Factor, ... Got Talent, The voice, etc...
Reading and listening to life stories and biographies of some remarkable people with all sorts of backgrounds and professions. Listening to certain pod casts and concepts shared by organisations like Ted talks. All that along with working and being surrounded by Great people does give me constant boost and helps me to take another step forward in becoming better me.

On my way of searching new and fresh advises I have found and I am still finding many really worth listening stories and individuals which I do often go back to.
Naming only few, speeches of people like: Mike Tyson, Michael Jordan,Sadh Guru, Tony Robins, Warren Buffet, Steve Jobs, Jim Carrey,Will Smith, Keanu Reeves and Les Brown are kind of mantra i do often repeat.

Very recently I have gone back to speeches compilation by one of my favourite motivational speakers:Les Brown. Who has beautifully compared our path of improvement to journey of growing Chinese Bamboo Tree. Les Has mentioned that it takes an average five years of constant watering and caring over the seed of that tree, before it comes up through the ground. But once its through it takes it only about five weeks to reach their full size which can grow up to 27 metres ( 90 feet ).
Chines Bamboo Trees are well known of their strength, flexibility, nutritious and many other values what makes them find wide range of use in different kind of industries.

However, Les also mention that in five years of constant watering, nourishing and nurturing the plant, one day of neglect in caring can kill the wonderful wannabe super plant.
And he has asked one very important question "Was it five weeks or five years that it took the tree to reach to its full size?".

We would love to have everything and everything right now.
But the truth is that the real values and solid foundation can only be build over the years of persistent and honest working on our goals.

This apply to all aspects of our lives: professional, hobbies, passions, relationships, healthy living ...

"Sporting, Inspiring, Greatness"

www.GMMA.co.uk

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bamboo

photo
Krystian Ozog
Fighter/Instructor, GMMA Academy
     


 

No comments:

Post a Comment