Friday 25 September 2015

Prepare yourself, believe in yourself and do your best

Day after my last fight I was talking to one of my best training partner, team mate and corner man Michael.
We spent a lot of time together training, not only in our gym but also in different camps inside and outside of the UK.
We know each other very well.
Strength and weaknesses. We can quite easy understand each others emotions, and we can help to motivate each other.
But anyway....
Michael has shared with me his observations and his opinion over my performance during last fight.
He has quite clearly and correctly red some of the feelings I had before and while fighting.
Michael also said that he was very surprised at the pace we have both set up right from the beginning of the bout.
As it was 10 rounds, championship fight he has though that we would start of much slower,  just to feel each other, then pick up the pace as it progresses.  Very much like in the traditional MuayThai Thai fight.
My answer was; that there was no time to waste.
Me and my opponent both knew each other.  We both did our homework and prepared best we could for that particular event.
We both knew that we wouldn't wanna let the judges make the decision.
We both aimed for clear win by the stoppage.
If I waited for further rounds to pick up the fight I would take a massive risk.
Anything could happen.
I was facing strong opponent with great experience and amazing power of his punches.
One clear shot could change everything.
So I have choose to risk while executing our plan. Plan that we have trained with my coaches, my training partner Roman and all the GMMA Academy team for weeks.
Simply; if something goes wrong, I prefer if it happens when I am doing my best than when I don't do nothing.
If I was going to die, I wanna die as a warrior not a coward.
This same philosophy I do bring out in to my life. Only those who don't do anything don't make mistakes.
I choose to be a doer.
I believe that this is the only way forward.
Prepare yourself, believe in yourself and do your best.
If not working.
Make changes and repeat the procedure.

photo
Krystian Ozog
Fighter/Instructor, GMMA Academy
     

No comments:

Post a Comment